Tuesday, March 4, 2014

100 With Only Two Zeros

OK so I know I haven't posted anything in the past week but I'm sorry!!!! A few things happened though.

Firs things first. This past Saturday was a week that my grandfather had past away. The family buried him on Thursday of last week. I was trying to get a hold of y mom that day but it didn't work out that well. Turns out that none of my cousins wanted to help with the funeral so she had to work on it by herself. Being the oldest daughter, she was to dress him to put him in the coffin with her younger sister. Her younger sister gave my mom attitude of whether or not to dress hi in a certain set of clothes. I find that completely ridiculous. Like why would you fight with your sister the day of your father's funeral? It doesn't make sense to me to do such  thing.

Anyways after asking my grandfather's former church to help in raising money for the funeral, it wasn't until Monday that one of the church officers came by and offered us a check. It wasn't much. Only $100. It's honestly better than nothing. After giving us his condolences, I starred at the check s if another zero would magically be written there. But there wasn't. I called my mom that afternoon and told her that the check will be sent to her. She was happy.


Here I am writing this blog and outside its raining. Just like on Thursday, the day of the funeral, it rained too. I know why. He was accepted into Heaven as one of God's angels watching over his family silently. His voice still wanders in my mind and I know that every piece of advice that he has given me, there was still more to come.

Like my grandfather always said, "hija siempre ore."
Daughter always pray.


RIP Eliseo Sanchez
November 4 1946 - February 22, 2014


source: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=gods+angels&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=F0B991F2427FC03096E12DA8AF463047FB3601E7&selectedIndex=3

No comments:

Post a Comment